Two-factor authentication also known as two-step authentication is a security feature that needs two methods to get access to an application or program. For instance, the website of the bank might need more than a username and password and you might also be asked to recognize a picture that you chose previously to prove that you are who you claim to be. Otherwise, some sites such as Yahoo need authentication on a separate device like your phone. This additional layer of security is for your protection and you can secure Yahoo Account by using this feature.
The Yahoo Mail service identifies the password when somebody attempts to log in to an account. It also looks at the computer and location from which the attempt is made. If one looks suspicious, it can need more than the password, but only if two-step authentication is enabled. When two-step authentication is enabled, you should not only enter your password but also a code sent to your cell phone. Your Yahoo Mail account is then, as secure as your password and access to your mobile phone.
Protect your Yahoo Mail Account with 2-Step Authentication
To add a second layer of authentication for suspicious log-in attempts, you will need to log into your Yahoo Mail account then,
• In the upper-right corner, choose your Account icon
• Now, choose Account info and then, choose Account Security
• Then, turn on the Two-Step Verification toggle switch
• When asked, enter a mobile number and after that, choose either “Send SMS or Call me” to receive an authentication code
• Depending on the method you chose, you will receive a text or phone call with the verification code, enter the code into the dialog box which appears on the screen after your select the method of contact and after that, choose Verify
• If the numbers match successfully, then a success dialog box appears with the options to create app passwords for apps that don’t recognize or use two-step authentication. Just choose, skip for now to skip this process
• From now on, you will be asked for an authentication code when logging in
Follow the above-given steps to enable two-step verification for the Yahoo Mail account and if you are facing any issue then, call on Yahoo Support UK to get connected with the technical experts for instant assistance. The teams are available all the time to help you in any manner they can. If you have doubt that your account has been hacked then the team will definitely help you to get your Yahoo account back.