Facebook has become one of the widely used social media platforms around the world. But sometimes, you might lose your Facebook Account password and hence you will not be able to log in. In that case, you have only one way left to get access to your Facebook account by recovering your password. In this guide, we will discuss the exact procedure to recover the old Facebook account. If you forgot the password to your Facebook account then, you can ask to change your account password through text message or email.
You can recover your Facebook Account via two methods, Using Email and or Phone Number and the second via Photo ID. You will actually require only a photo ID scanned the image onto your computer and a second email address which is not linked with a current Facebook account.
We will discuss both ways one by one:
Via a Photo ID:
• Visit the Facebook official page and then if you are logged into a different or new account then click on the rectangular box in the upper right corner
• Then, click on ‘Log Out’ at the bottom of the drop-down menu
• Click on Forgot Account? And type an account identifier and click on Search
• Enter an email address or phone number in the required field ‘Email or Phone’ to search your Facebook Account
• Then you will see a Facebook accounts list that matches your results
• Click on This Is My Account that appears next to your old account. Click on the button next to the profile for your old account
• If you don’t see your old account listed and then, tries to search with the other terms and click on ‘No longer have access to these?’
• You have an option to reset your password via text message or email. But if you have no longer access to the phone number or email linked with the account then click on No Longer to have access to these?
• Click on ‘I cannot access my email account and type the current email address and click on Continue
• Enter the full name linked with the Facebook account and enter your Full Name to get your account recovered
• Click on Choose File and it will open a file browser where you can choose a Photo ID image. The image which you attach must have your full name, photo clearly visible and date of birth
Using Phone Number and Email:
• Visit the Facebook official page in the web browser and if you are logged into a different or new account then, click on the rectangular box from an upper-right corner and click on ‘Log-Out’ from bottom drop-down menu
• Click on Forgot Account and just enter your password to sign in
• Now, type an account identifier and click on Search. Enter an email address or phone number in the required field to find your account.
• When you see the Facebook Account list then click on ‘This is My Account’ that appears next to your old account.
• Now, select ‘How you want to reset your password’ and then click on Continue. Select your preferences from the on-screen instruction
• When you receive the message then check your email or text messages and Facebook will send you a 6-digit code which you can use to reset your password to email or phone number
• Type the 6-digit recover code and then, click on Continue and the 6-digit recovery code is sent to your from the Facebook to your email or mobile phone via text message
• Type a new password and click on Continue and the new password should be at least 6-digits long. This signs will you into your old account
• For security purpose, it is advisable that you create a password has letters, special characters, and numbers
By following the given steps, you can easily recover your Facebook Account and if you are facing any issue then call on Facebook Support UK for instant help from technical teams.